News & Views April 22
But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.
All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own.
Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all.
APRIL 25th WORSHIP
CONNECTING POINT - 9:30 A.M. - Dining Hall
Grand re-opening continues
WORSHIP - 10:00 A.M. - Family Center Gym
NLC KIDS - 10:00 A.M. - Rooms 101,103
Pastor Mark, preaching - Music by Erica Vasquez, Al, Beth and Josh
"Your New Life is Meant to Be Fruitful"
Read ahead: John 15:1-8, Galatians 5:22-23
GRAB & GO MEAL after CHURCH (11:00 A.M.)
We have a limited number of 2-gallon bags of frozen apricots
available for a donation of $50 each. Each bag will make 3-4 pies.
See Phyllis Enns after the service, or call the church office at 591-1176 to reserve a bag.
ONLINE - watch live from anywhere at 10:00 a.m. or when you can
Palm Village channel 2.1 - Sundays 6:00 p.m.
Member Meeting Review
In our Elder meeting this week and in conversation with the Deacons we are working to increase our contact with people who have not returned to gathered times of worship. We are aware of some of the reasons some people have for not attending church services in person or at NLC, and so we want to be careful not to make assumptions as we reach out to those whom we have not heard from. We want to listen, learn, and love.
This week Norma Froese (on staff at Palm Village), informed me that pastoral visits are now permitted again on a limited basis for Assisted Living, Memory Care, and even Skilled Nursing. I was able to spend time and pray with several people I haven't seen in a year, including Vicky Barkman. Bus service may also be starting soon and bringing some who haven't otherwise been able to come to church. I'm also grateful that retiring chaplain Byron Neufeld has included our live-streamed service on their TV channel throughout the pandemic, now airing on Sundays at 6 p.m.
Since I have already written about staff reorganization and introduced you to our new staff in prior blogs, I want to say a bit about plans for our facility that were presented at the meeting. Chris Reimche and Eugene Enns shared plans to convert the former council room, now a storage room just inside the northeast entrance to the Worship Center, into a new Welcome Office. The location puts the office right off the patio and the parking lot so arriving members, guests, and vendors can easily see and access it. There are no stairs at the new location, making it fully accessible to people in wheelchairs or those who could not otherwise come to the office.
A new glass door and window will face the patio, and the office will have room for two staff, a counter, and a small waiting area. The current door into the northeast lobby will be for staff access. In total, the project (including furnishings and new AC) will run about $18,000. We hope it serves our church as well as our community with a ready welcome to all who come to our church campus!
facing north to the patio and parking lot. This project is part of our church vision plan, Implement2024, symbolizing and supporting our values: relational, responsive, and welcoming.
What song(s) draw you to God?
Worship is vital in our faith and relationship with God. Through worship the Holy Spirit
corrects our hearts before our King and we are ushered into His divine presence.
I want to humbly ask for you to share what songs have led you into His presence. You can email me (below) or we'll have paper ready on Sunday for those of you who wish to share in person.
I appreciate your time and most importantly your heart.
Blessings and prayers,
- Glen Zimmerman was hospitalized with serious health issues related to his chemotherapy. Pray for his quick recovery, renewed strength, overflowing joy, and complete healing.
- Harmony Parker's surgery was successful. Pray for relief from pain, and complete recovery.
- JR & Janet Southard were able to come to church last Sunday! Continue to pray for his healing and strength.
- Remember others recuperating or fighting to overcome health issues: Joe DeLuna, Bob Heinrichs, Marilyn Chappell, Norma Froese, Mike Naylor, Frederick, Debbie Penner, Martha's friend Gloria's son, and others. Jacob Cabrera (Immanuel junior) may need hand surgery.
- The memorial service for George Thiessen's son, Greg, is this weekend. Pray for comfort.
- Continue to remember the family of Lucille Willems, who passed away last week at 96. Also keep in prayer Bob & Sandy Sorber after his brother's passing, and the Elrich, Enns, Hofer, and Woodcock families.
- Workers are needed for important New Life Community ministries including: Sunday morning children's teachers and assistants, Sunday morning middle school teachers and mentors, high school sponsors and summer camp counselors, a map coordinator to support the Pray & Go ministry, Sunday morning security team members, "allies" for the Faith & Finance ministry.
- Remember our missionaries: Bruce & Laurel Smith are leading the Youth for Christ auction on this weekend.
- Pray that people will believe and follow Jesus Christ as their savior and Lord. And that those who come for our Grab & Go Meals this Sunday will also receive the new life that God provides through Christ.
- Eleven people were trained for the Pray & Go ministry. If you missed and would like to join, please contact Nori Naylor or the church office. Pray that our church will be motivated to pray over the households of our community.
Received this year to date: ...$315,804
Budget to Date: ………..…....... $324,764
Budget Goal: ………..……..........$521,591
Needed Weekly: ……..…......……$10,289
COVID-19 precautions: Praise the Lord we may freely gather for worship!
As the coronavirus continues to mutate and spread, please maintain 6' of distance and wear a face covering on the church campus to protect yourself and others. Thank you.
Questions? Call 559-591-1176 or email@example.com
Need songs we know! Hymnals, praise songs we know . Check with Brian Hixon Can't worship if I don't know the song.
Hi Roger. Our new worship leader, Erica, has invited you along with Brian and the rest of us to share with her songs that draw us each into worship. Please find her invitation in the blog above and respond. She'll appreciate it.